Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bruneau Jasper Squid - detail pics



I finally got some more photos edited of my Bruneau Jasper Squid (as in my previous post) so here they are! They just show him in a bit more detail.

I've been working on a few things - a collaboration with Lisa-Jane Harvey (fab lampworking/glass artist) of Born To Bead (www.borntobead.co.nz). Its a fab piece called TANIWHA (Maori word meaning 'Fabulous Water Monster') - but we are entering it in a competition so I don't think I can post a photo just yet.....?

I have also been crocheting pots/vessels. They have beads stitched in (I'm practising!) and spikes, tentacles and things - not really sure what to do with them........I will post some photos of these soon!

5 comments:

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

That is amazing!

Pam de Groot said...

I love your squids. This one is beautiful and the detailing exquisite.

Ginga Squid said...

Thanks Tammy and Pam!

JudyE said...

Your creations are gorgeous!!
Are any for sale?

Ginga Squid said...

Thanks HE1929 - yes I have them for sale on my website at www.GingaSquid.com.
Thanks for your nice comment!