Thursday, November 12, 2009

Eye Seem Blue Pendant



Fun & quirky (if a little creepy!) - & managed to get some merino wool into this one so I'm happy.

It features a vintage 1940s 'blinking' dolls eye. The eyelid 'winks' when moved from horizontal to vertical (just as in a doll). I'm getting low on my Ebay 'find' of these unused vintage dolls eyes (all my Eye pieces are humanely created - no dolls faces are slashed open in the process). I found soem modern ones, but the quality is just not the same. Sigh.

I set the eye in glittery resin in Faux bone which is surrounded by needle felted merino wool fibers in turquoises & blues and antiqued sterling silver.

It can be worn as a brooch pin or as a pendant.

Approx 7cm wide.

4 comments:

ArtSparker said...

Pretty/Scary, heh.

Zabeth B et Y B said...

Très original, j'adore ce travail avec la laine, à bientôt!

Ginga Squid said...

Thanks Susan et merci Veronique!

Pam de Groot said...

A third eye. We could all do with one of those.