Saturday, December 19, 2009

Arm Tubes with Beaded Jewellery sewn on...
















I hate having to wear a jumper over my T-shirt when its not quite cold enough - so I made these Arm Tubes (aka arm warmers). I figured they would be cool with some built-in/sewn-on beaded & felted jewelry.

The watch is set to afternoon tea time (3pm). There is also a ring & a bracelet. The gold wool is a little too hairy though.....?

These are off to The Little Gallery Of Fine Arts in Tairua - which is getting nice & busy for Christmas crazy tourist season. Yay!

3 comments:

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

I LERVE them. I want a pair. Now. Well perhaps not now but in time for Brisbane winter. Perhaps I'll make myself a pair for the occasion of something special, something the same but different. Different but the same.

Tea time huh. It is nearly that now. Better put the kettle on.

Happy happy Christmas Ms Ginga and Mr Ginga and all the little Gingettes.

Jennifer Cameron said...

I want to be you when I grow up! Awesome!

Ginga Squid said...

Thanks Jennifer & Loani!

@Loani - I was thinking could you make an arm warmer which doubled as a tea cosy? The thumb hole would be the spout hole - and you could maybe roll the rest of the arm bit up into the tea cosy when not wearing it? And cover the whole think in pom poms like your cool little green pic there!
There is no Mr Ginga! :)