Thursday, December 10, 2009

Xmas Tree Lights Knitted Capelet.....




I finally finished knitting up my Xmas Tree lights yarn into the base of this capelet! I handspun all the yarn for this myself (except for the top neck bit) - and even had a bash at spinning in some locks.

I ended up having to crochet the lights on, instead of knitting, as the yarn wasn't very flexible with all the wires in there. The batteries (3 x AA) are hidden inside in a sewn on felted pocket (using the same merino roving as the base yarn). Still nothing has caught fire yet!

Shame its summer here & doesn't get dark until 9pm - which is past my bedtime, so I haven't worn him out as yet.....

6 comments:

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

It's a Shoulder Cosy!

No making your bosoms look younger in that then. Not that I'm saying they need to.

Very beautiful.

tikjewit said...

wonderfull..things like these lighten up my day...

Ginga Squid said...

Thank you!
Loani - theres an idea! Maybe an underwired version for uplift? Then all that wiring could be put to good use....

Fresca said...

Most excellent!
What winter holiday can you wear it for in June, July, or August?

ArtSparker said...

Oh, that is gorgeous. This is...things that one has never seen before, makes me glad to be around, and on the interwebs.

Ginga Squid said...

Thanks Francesca & Susan!
I think around then I can just wear it during the day as its quite gloomy sometimes!