Friday, December 4, 2009

Eye Cry Silver Tears


Another sad one - with vintage 1940s 'blinking' dolls eye.

This time I made it darker by antiquing the sterling silver 'tears' with liver of sulphur.

Also with copper, purple merino wool, natural raw diamonds, Faux bone & UV resin with purple glitter.

I have a whole drawerful of different colours of glitter in tiny pots (mica powders mainly) & I refuse to let my little girl use any. Its more expensive than the stuff at kindy! She gets most upset & accuses me of being Mean Mummy.

Well at least thats an idea for Santa? Must write it down before I forget.....

5 comments:

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

Ah... the eyes have it.

Fresca said...

Your lists of ingredients read like recipes for poems:
raw diamonds,
liver of sulfur...

I like this eye.

P.S. Friends were over last weekend and one of them picked up your triffid and started to exclaim, "WHERE did you get this? It's amazing! It's RING!" and showed it to everyone, who all oohed and ahed. So, no fears, he's well loved here.

Ginga Squid said...

Thanks Loani & Francesca!

Glad to hear Triffid is behaving himself & getting lots of tlc!

Shirley Cook - Jumping Jack Glass said...

Vicky, I haven't been here in awhile so I've lost track of what you've been up to. I must say, I'm absolutely in love with your eye pieces!! Yowza!!

Anonymous said...

love the eye!! fantastic and just the right level of different :)